Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Return for Wrestlemania

I've been silent for awhile, concentrating on a variety of different things, most notably the finishing of a conference paper I'll be presenting in New Orleans next week. But this doesn't mean that I've given up on the squared circle. Wrestlemania time's come round, and I'm getting fairly excited.

Foremost, anyone notice when Batista said, "Say hello to the bad guy"? I flipped. Especially after seeing Scott "Razor Ramon" Hall sign a TNA contract the night before. What's especially exciting about this is that Hall actually looks good right now, and hopefully can get back to his nineties splendor in movement. I liked the Batista tribute, and his persona is more and more menacing, which is great.

Shawn Michaels might retire this year. Insane. I don't know who to root for in this match, because I certainly don't want the Undertaker's streak to end, but I'd hate to see HBK go. They've been doing pretty good promos lately, making for decent television.

HHH versus Sheamus is typical clique bullshit. Not that the match won't be good, but the storyline is not there. Not the way it is for Taker/HBK or even Mysterio/Punk. Just two enormous dudes bullying it out after each other. Money in the Bank will be awesome as always, but doesn't 10 people seem like a crowd? In a few years it will be a Rumble match with a ladder. The Legacy thing has kind of lost my interest, though I generally like Orton. And I'm totally pulling for Jericho. Fuck the spear. Kick out dude! I like how he's been pulling it over on Edge on Friday nights.

Oh and on a final note, I love Drew McIntyre's entrance song and titantron.

And Tiffany, whom my wife danced with in New Orleans several years ago (one of the ways I fooled her into watching with me) has been having great matches, and is shining in way that the divas normally don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment